The Law Society Lexcel Accreditation is a legal 'quality mark'.
Accredited law firms offer the highest standard of client care and practice management and are committed to:
- Protecting client confidentiality
- Communicating with you clearly and openly about your matter
- Having an open discussion with you concerning costs
- Keeping you informed about progress in your matter
- Dealing with any complaints properly
The Lexcel quality mark can be applied for by law firms in the UK and internationally. The application involves a testing and inspection process to ensure that firms have the best practice in client care, file and data management and complaints handling.
The accreditation is subject to annual inspection and assessment by independent assessors by way of monitoring adherence to the scheme’s criteria. Every three years a fresh application for accreditation has to be made.
There are approximately 11,000 firms of solicitors in England and Wales and 1,082 law firms have the Lexcel accreditation. Bowens has been accredited continuously since 2006.